Wednesday evening of the 19th of November, various bloggers gathered together with 12 NGO’s at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (CBTL) which launched 12 Cups with The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: Give in to Giving. Coffee Bean aims to help 12 different advocacies this Christmas, and hopes that you can too. With every drink that you purchase (which falls under the specific drink assignments listed on the card), you shall receive a stamp on your card. Once you’ve collected 12 stamps, you have the opportunity to donate to one of the 12 partner advocacies, and of course you will also receive 1 limited edition CBTL notebook together with your card.
The event served to be a very educational and society-geared event, which led the awareness of many advocacies in the Philippines. Not only that, but the event gave each blogger the opportunity to get to know the partner advocacies one-by-one, by allotting each one a table which the bloggers could freely chose to sit in so that they themselves could converse with the representatives and ask questions about the organization.
I personally would like to congratulate CBTL for launching such an event. Not many people are aware of the different organizations in the Philippines and how they can help. In this way, this “program” will allow people to donate to organizations of their choice, while still enjoying one of many of CBTL’s delicious drinks and desserts. Hopefully, many people will decide to take their time to enjoy CBTL’s products, amidst this Christmas spirit.
The following advocacies are:
1. Kababaihan Gabay sa Bayan (KAGABAY) – Sponsor a child’s education through KGABAY and lend a hand in developing needed infrastructure, feeding programs and teacher’s honoraria.
2. Philippine Business for Social Congress (PBSP) – Help PBSP deliver basic health care through general check-ups for children of different communities.
3. Bahay Tuluyan – Make a difference with Bahay Tuluyan and give birthday gifts to children who need special attention from abuse.
4. The Philippine Animal and Welfare Society (PAWS) – Help the PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center give abandoned or neglected dogs and cats a second chance in life with new loving homes.
5. Haribon – Adopt-a-seedling and help the Haribon Foundation for the Conservation of Natural Resources conserve the Philippine biodiversity
6. Cartwheel Foundation – Help the Cartwheel Foundation bring education to indigenous children ages 2 and a half to 7, in preparation for elementary school.
7. Caritas Manila-Restorative Justice – Support the Restorative Justice Program of Caritas Program of Caritas Manila and help provide school supplies for the Value Formation classes for detainees.
8. Kythe – Support Kythe and help alleviate the anxiety of children with cancer and their families by providing a day of fun and games.
9. Autism Society of the Philippines (ASP) – Bring awareness and education to the parents of autistic children by sponsoring valuable books for the library of the Autism Society.
10. Philippine Cerebral Palasy Inc. – Help Philippine Cerebral Palasy Inc in the prevention and care of cerebral palasy and give patients a month of continous rehabilitation and therapy.
11. Philippine Band of Mercy (PBM) – Help the Philippie Band of Mercy provide operations for children who were physically disfigured at birth and give them happier lives.
12. Resources for the Blind -Help Resources for the Blind provide grade 1 students with Braille textbooks to help integrate them into regular schools.
Notebook Design 2
Notebook Design 3
The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is located at TriNoMa, SM The Block, Gateway, Ortigas Park, Paseo Center, Bonificacio High Street, Mall of Asia, Convergys Ayala Avenue, Salcedo Village, Alabang Town Center, Rockwell, Robinson’s Ermita, Greenhills Promenade, Robinson’s Galleria, Eastwood, Tomas Moratio and 2 more branches in Cebu. Visit their homepage at http://coffeebean.com.ph
Another Geiser-Maclang event.