Am blogging the details about this contest for a friend.
To enter the contest, you must be: A bonifide student of either the University of the Philippines – Campus Diliman, or Ateneo de Manila University, or St Paul de Manila University.
How to Enter
1. Email your logo design as a png to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. And you should send a copy on CD to the Department of Languages of your university.
Please include the following information in your email and CD:
Phone Number (Landline and Mobile)
Prizewinner shall agree that the Linggo de Lingua Europa Group is granted exclusive reproduction rights for advertising, promotion, print publication and Internet purposes.
Winning logo will become the official new logo for the Linggo de Lingua Europa and may be used on website and promotional items with no additional monetary compensation.
- The logo shall depict EU-Philippine relations with its shared cultural values: multilingualism, multicultural societies, and interfaith dialogue
- Participants must submit a maximum of three (3) images, with an explanation of how their logo or logos depict the activities of LLE
- No group projects are allowed, only one participant may submit the logo design
- Each entry must be the original work and sole and exclusive property of the person who submits it
- You should submit the logo both in black and in colours
- Artwork that has been previously published or exhibited is not permitted
- Any or all of the entries must be sent to the address mentioned above
- Judging decisions are final and may not be appealed
- The logo must be clear and recognizable at small size
- The logo must depict the objectives of the Linggo de Lingua Europa which are:
- to promote European languages and culture among the students in the Philippines
- generate more awareness and appreciation for the European culture
- promote the shared cultural values and heritage between and among the Europeans and Filipinos
- strengthen intercultural dialogue between and among Europeans and Filipinos
- The submitted artwork needs to be clean, clear and legible when sized for use
- The size should be saved at a minimum of 50x200px and 350x1050px
- Monday, March 9 2009: launch of the logo design contest
- Monday, March 23, 2009: Deadline for the logo design contest
- Friday, March 27, 2009: Proclamation of the winners and awards
The grand prize winner will receive a trophy and some presents. He/She will be presented in a press conference held end of August to present the Linggo de Lingua Europa 2.
The second and third winners will be awarded as well.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges composed of members of the EU Commission (1), each host university (3), and from the Czech, Spanish and French Embassies (3).
The logos will be judged on the artwork’s articulation of the website, creativity, and artistic merit.