Recently, my mom purchased for me one of the many “sequels” of Jane Austen’s beloved Pride and Prejudice classic. Entitled Mr Darcy takes a wife by Linda Berdoll, it aims to give readers the possible world beyond what Jane Austen has written for her characters. Logically speaking, it is what one would call a fanfiction. I am really looking forward to reading not only this book, but the rest of the sequels that various other authors have to offer.
I am quite the Pride and Prejudice fan. But in all honesty, my love for the story stemmed originally from the 2005 movie adaptation of the book, starring Keira Knightley as its Elizabeth Bennet. But based on how I’ve seen books and its movie adaptations, I’ve always been inclined to love the original books rather than the movie itself. I am not quite sure if I can say the same for this for I so dearly love the movie, but I am willing to give it a chance. Now that I have a better oppurtunity to appreciate the book, I have plans on really reading Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice book. Only afterwards will I take the time to read the various sequels.
Actually, I’ve convinced myself so much that I want it, that most of my money is geared towards saving up for the rest of the sequels. Since I have a bunch of books (non Pride and Prejudice-related) that I have yet to read (such as Anne Rice, romance novels and the like..), I don’t think I’ll be buying the rest of the sequels anytime soon. Probably around October. But, as soon as I read each book, I plan on giving reviews for you readers, so you can see which books are worth reading.
I am really looking forward to reading the rest of the books, and reviewing them.
Here are some of the other sequels by either the same or different other authors that I have found:
1. Two shall become One: Mr and Mrs Fitzwilliam Darcy by Sharon Lathan
2. Mr Darcy’s Diary by Amanda Grange
3. Mr Darcy’s Daughters: A Novel by Elizabeth Aston
4. North by Northanger, or the Shades of Pemberley: A Mr and Mrs Darcy Mystery by Carrie Bebris
5. Suspense and Sensibility, or First Impressions Revisited: A Mr and Mrs Darcy Mystery by Carrie Bebris
6. These Three Remain: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman by Pamela Aidan
7. Mr Darcy Presents His Bride: A sequel to Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice by Helen Halstead
8. Darcy and Elizabeth: Nights and Days at Pemberley by Linda Berdoll
9. Darcy’s and the Bingleys: A Tale of Two Gentlemen’s Marriages to Two Most Devoted Sisters by Marsha Altman
10. Darcy’s Passions by Regina Jeffers
11. Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan
12. Letters from Pemberley: The First Year by Jane Dawkins